- Best Canon 6D Accessories To Buy In 2021
- 1. Tamron Front Lens Cap 77mm (Model CIFG)
- 2. Auelife Camera Bag Waterproof Multipurpose Anti-shock DSLR Camera Backpack for Nikon Sony Canon SLR/DSLR Cameras Mirrorless Lens and Tripod Larger Size with a Rain Cover, Dark Gray
- 3. Dolica GX650B204 Proline GX Series 65 inch Aluminum Tripod and Ball Head Combo for DSLR, SLR
- 4. Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flash
- 5. Flash Diffuser Light Softbox 6x5-inch by Altura Photo (Universal, Collapsible with Storage Pouch) for Canon, Yongnuo and Nikon Speedlight
- 6. Celestron LensPen - Optics Cleaning Tool, Black (93575)
- 7. 77MM Altura Photo Professional Photography Filter Kit
- 8. Veatree 77mm Lens Hood Set
- 9. SanDisk 400GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 100MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-400G-GN6MA
- 10. Neewer 4.9 feet/1.5 m TTL Off Camera Flash Speedlite Cord for Canon EOS 5D Mark II III,6D,5D,7D,60D,50D,40D,30D,300D,100D,350D,400D,450D,500D,550D,600D,650D,700D,1000D
- FAQs regarding Canon 6D Accessories
The full-frame original Canon 6D was a remarkable addition to the Canon stable, and the Mk II improved it even more.
Capable of ISO 40,000, its huge 26 MP sensor can shoot in the dimmest conditions. As a camera geek, you know that all cameras that you buy need a new set of accessories. Of course, they could be purchased over time, but to extract the best results from your camera, you do need them.
|Image||Product Name||Type||Check Price|
|Tamron Front Lens Cap||Lens Cap|
|Auelife Camera Bag||Camera Backpack|
|Dolica GX650B204 Proline Tripod||Tripod|
|Canon Speedlite Flash||Flash|
|Flash Diffuser Light Softbox||Flash Diffuser|
|Celestron LensPen||Lens Pen|
|Altura Photo Professional Photography Filter Kit||Filter Kit|
|Veatree 77mm Lens Hood Set||Lens Hood|
|SanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC||Memory Card|
|Neewer Camera Flash Speedlite Cord||Flash Code|
Best Canon 6D Accessories To Buy In 2021
We tested an exhaustive set of accessories from bags to filters and memory cards. This is our list of the best stuff you should buy for your Canon 6D.
Many of you must be aware of Tamron. Industry leaders in optical products manufacturing that includes cameras and binoculars. The Tamron Front Lens Cap 77mm priced at $9.95 will surely not disappoint you.
The Caps is a great fit, with excellent design and spring tension. It is basically a center-pinch cap. The Tamron Lens Cap is specially designed for SP lenses. The attachment method is snap-on. The design of the lens cap is such that you can take it off during shooting and put it back as well. They fit very tightly and rarely fall off accidentally.
The center-pinch design of the cap keeps it in top condition. It protects the lens from dust and moisture. It has a filter-thread diameter of 77mm. Product dimensions are 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches. It weighs 0.48 ounces. It will also fit lenses that have a front filter size of 52 mm.
- Quality is top-notch
- Good design
- Good and cheap replacement for lost and damaged caps
- Jam in spring of the lens cap
- Current lenses are from China
- Finger release function is faulty
2. Auelife Camera Bag Waterproof Multipurpose Anti-shock DSLR Camera Backpack for Nikon Sony Canon SLR/DSLR Cameras Mirrorless Lens and Tripod Larger Size with a Rain Cover, Dark Gray
The Auelife Camera Bag is well-designed and crafted with perfection in mind. Its interior has a main compartment that has two insert spaces. One of them is in the middle of the compartment, while the other can be found in the bottom sleeve. We were able to comfortably fit in 2 small SLR/DSLR camera bodies and a few small accessories along with four lenses. It is also perfect for a 15.6-inch laptop.
The bag is made of high-quality nylon, and we discovered that this makes the bag waterproof to an extent. The material is also shock-proof. The rain cover, which is provided along with the bag, can successfully keep it safe from heavy rain, dust, or sand. It is also scratch-resistant, which implies that the quality of the kit will be maintained for a long time.
We were able to carry the bag filled with the camera and other accessories with ease as the detachable waist belt along with the sternum strap helped to distribute the weight and stabilize it. The shoulder straps are net-padded to minimize the stress on your shoulders. The hip belt, which is foam padded, boosts the overall comfort level.
All these features do not fail to give the Auelife camera bag a fresh look, which is accentuated by the dark grey shade it is available in.
- Rainproof and Shockproof
- Noteworthy design
- Comfortable to carry
- Poor quality tripod straps
- Not completely waterproof
The Dolica GX650B204 Proline GX Series 65 inch Aluminum Tripod and Ball Head Combo for DSLR, SLR is one of the best available options to engage in both outdoor as well as indoor photography. It weighs just 4.3 pounds, allowing you to carry it around with ease.
We found that it is capable of holding up around 17 pounds. We were able to work with many cameras and camcorders using the Dolica Tripod as it offered remarkable flexibility. The rapid stability center column and reversible locking center column featured in this tripod and ball head combo helps it to achieve this.
In addition to that, the construction showcases flip leg locks and 4-position leg angle adjustment locks. We tried using a macro lens, and the latter feature helped us incredibly to use the camera. There are several degree markings on the ball head, which made clicking horizontal panoramic shots a walk in the park. Along with these, the tripod has rubber feet with retractable spikes to prevent it from slipping from any surface.
We concluded that the this Tripod and Ball Head Combo is versatile because of the combination of the features mentioned above.
- Good stability
- Durable flip leg locks
- Degree markings on the ball head
- No removable handle on the tripod for rotating the ball hand (for techniques like panning)
- Not durable if the user is careless
The Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flash can be an excellent companion for your photography ventures because of its efficiency, characterized in its compact body.
The most interesting fact about the flash is that it can perform with the abilities of a radio master flash. While this model is an upgrade of the company’s existing flash Canon Speedlite 430EX II, multiple features have been enhanced and added to it.
During our test, we were awed by the range of the wireless radio remote. We did not face issues regarding the line of sight, which is a common problem in the case of an optical wireless remote. Another feature we were impressed by was the flash’s remarkable head rotation.
The Dot-matrix LCD allowed us to read the screen easily, which is impossible with a fixed-segment display. A bounce adapter and a color filter are also part of the Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flash’s construction. The Catchlight Panel, which is a built-in feature, helped us to photograph the facial expressions of the subject conveniently.
Another essential feature of the exterior design of the flash is that the power switch also has a lock settings position on it. We discovered that the user could set orange and green LCD backlight colors by custom function. In addition to that, it is quite easy to use as the flash settings in the camera menu is supported by the Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flash.
- Noteworthy design
- Compact body
- Convenient built-in features
- Can perform as a radio master
- No weather sealing
- 14-105mm zoom range
- Does not support an external battery pack
5. Flash Diffuser Light Softbox 6x5-inch by Altura Photo (Universal, Collapsible with Storage Pouch) for Canon, Yongnuo and Nikon Speedlight
The Altura Photo Flash Diffuser Light Softbox is making headlines currently. This is a very high-quality diffusion system, with a silver interior that creates soft photographs.
The Flash Diffuser Light has a compact design and comes for a low price, which means it is quite affordable. You can use it in a variety of conditions, like indoor events, portrait photography, food photography, and more.
And to top it all, it comes with a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. We bought it and found some features which will surely come handy. It is a versatile tool that will fit most camera shoe-mount flash units. It has two layers of diffusion system.
The silver interior increases the quality of light. The rubber mount grip will keep it in place.
The diffuser comes with an elastic Velcro band that helps you wrap it securely around the flash head. It is a travel-friendly tool that you can easily fit in your bag.
The diffuser has been made from high-quality material so that it can stand the test of time.
It is compatible with most shoe-mount flashes like Canon 430EX II, Nikon SB-900, and Yongnuo YN560 II. It also works well with Sunpack, Nissin, and Sony, to name a few.
- It is made from very sturdy material
- The Velcro makes it fit comfortably and securely
- Quality is great owing to the silver interior
- The diffuser works in front-facing situations
- Causes shadows while shooting
- The velcro strap is short
The LensPen from Celestron is undoubtedly going to give you a handy option to clean optical equipment. You can now breathe easy with this LensPen.
We are sure that you must have faced times when you spot a hair strand on your optical instrument, which can create a disastrous photo. You would have to sit in front of an image-editing program for hours to clean up the mess.
The LensPen comes to your rescue. This dual tool is sure to make your task easy. It comes for $7.89 and is very cheap on the pocket. It weighs just 0.64 ounces and has dimensions of 4x8x4 inches. It comes with a 2-year warranty. The tool has been designed well to make your life easy.
It is black and looks quite uncomplicated, thanks to the simple design. The brush has a soft brush, and the other one has a special cleaning tip for cleaning liquids. A cap covers the smudge-removal tool. The brush side is easily retractable.
You can clean dust particles with the brush side. We used the brush side first. After brushing, you can check for smudges. It is simply an excellent tool for your eyepieces, telescopes, binoculars, cameras, and lenses.
- Retractable side keeps the brush clean
- Microfiber pad on the other end, useful for cleaning moisture
- Multi-tasking tool
- Fits in your camera bag
- Brush end moves the hair strands across the glass, does not entirely remove it
- Brush hairs can fall out
The Altura Photo Professional Photography Filter Kit is an all-round and comprehensive option for the protection and enhancement of the 77MM camera lens.
The kit includes one UV filter, one Circular Polarizing filter (CPL), one Neutral density filter (ND4), one carry pouch, and a microfiber lens cleaning cloth. The cleaning cloth and pouch are a smart addition and serve their purpose well.
The three filters do a decent job of lifting the image quality as well as making sure that the lens is protected correctly. The UV filter is an excellent option for when you are working in an environment with moisture and dust and need to protect your lens from the damage.
The CPL filter is great for use on a sunny day and effectively removes glare and reflections from water and glass. Even though the ND4 filter has a problem with flare generation, we found that it is an excellent tool for 30MM focus when there is a lot of light.
Overall, the kit provides good value for money for beginners and is a practical addition to your camera kit in making sure that the pictures have a controlled exposer and depth.
- Do not have to adjust the exposure constantly as filters do a decent job
- Light is reflected away from the lens
- Provides ample protection for the lens
- Super handy
- A lifesaver in excessive light and dust conditions
- UV filter creates a ghosting effect at night
- Polariser may disturb the autofocus of your camera
Priced at $12.99, Veatree 77mm Lens Hood Set is a comprehensive option available in the market with an impressive design and quality.
The hood set is specially designed for a 77MM lens and comes with a reversible tulip flower lens Hood, collapsible rubber lens hood, center pinch lens cap, and a microfiber cleaning cloth. The plastic of the hood is not exceptional but does its job satisfactorily considering the price point.
The collapsible lens hood does a decent job in protecting from bumps and scratches and comes with a double threaded shoe mount and high-quality absorbent rubber. The reversible lens hood comes in a tulip shape design to provide more versatility. It is embedded with a rear locking ring to allow rotation of the hood in either direction.
What makes this product worth your money is the fact that the hoods are held with metal threaded rings ensuring its high quality and making it more suited for the long run. Overall, the Veatree 77mm Lens Hood Set makes for a smart purchase for your camera kit and is undoubtedly one of the best products available in the market for this price point.
- Expanding rubber hood protects in wet conditions
- Does not disturb autofocus
- Tulip lens hoods change from front-facing to rear-facing without unscrewing the mounting ring
- When turned, the plastic of the tulip hood grinds with the mount
- Difficult to put on the lens cap when the hood is placed
9. SanDisk 400GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 100MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-400G-GN6MA
When it comes to Micro SD cards in the market, SanDisk rarely has any competition. This one didn’t prove to be an exception either.
While rarely does anyone need a 400 GB SD card for their phone, we had tons of videos that we wanted a safe storage place for. We also wanted to try and see if it would work on our Nintendo Switch.
We experienced some errors on the console but soon found out it was because when we copied data from the old SD card to this one using a Macbook, and the errors were due to Macbook’s way of storing data. We tried copy-pasting old files using Windows instead, and the console has been working without a hitch since then.
The Micro SD card is fast enough for the Nintendo Switch and the regular phones and tablets. The speed doesn’t quite reach the 100 MB/S the card description claims, but the usual reading speed is around 94 MB/S, and the writing speed is about 73 MB/S.
We have noted that some users have experienced an issue with the card, mainly that they got scammed out of the original SanDisk card and were delivered a fake product. It is recommended that when you receive an SD card from secondary online sites, you run tests on it with software that can differentiate between original and copied products.
- Relatively fast reading and writing speed
- Ten years of warranty
- Generous storage space
- A little slow compared to some SD card
- High price
10. Neewer 4.9 feet/1.5 m TTL Off Camera Flash Speedlite Cord for Canon EOS 5D Mark II III,6D,5D,7D,60D,50D,40D,30D,300D,100D,350D,400D,450D,500D,550D,600D,650D,700D,1000D
As photographers, we all have that moment where we want our hands to be free instead of constantly using the flash. With the Neewer TTL Off-Camera Flash, which is compatible with a range of Canon cameras, you will be able to attach the flash to the tripod.
The advantage of this cord is that it effectively cuts off harsh shadows from your images while retaining the off -flash photography results. It comes with a secure lock on the side mounting and a quick-release screw. It measures15.75 x 92.52 x 25.59 inches, making it easy to store and carry.
What you may need to factor in is that despite the advertised length being stretchable up to 4.9 feet, you can safely use only 3-4 feet. Tugging the cable beyond this distance can cause it to break.
Also, since the stretch range is around 1m, it is perfect for macro photography. Since your subject would be closer in portrait photos, the results are not the best. If you want the best portraits, combine this with a small softbox or a diffuser.
It weighs just 0.8 ounces, and it is an excellent addition for your travel needs. Priced at $ 19.99, it offers sound value for money.
- Great value for money
- Great build quality
- Suitable only for distances between 3-4 feet
- Not the ideal choice for portrait photography
- HDMI Cable – You could use one of these to connect your Canon 6D to the tv or laptop and playback video from the camera. HDMI is useful because it allows not only the transfer of HD video but also high-quality audio.
- Car Charger – This comes in handy when you are on the road for days and need to charge your camera battery. The Canon 6D uses an LP-E6 rechargeable battery, and a car charger would take half an hour to get them back to full.
- Flash Bracket – An innovative alternative to mounting your Speedlite flash on top of the camera. The flash is held to one side by the bracket and allows even lighting from the side.
FAQs regarding Canon 6D Accessories
1. How to protect the camera from rain?
The most obvious answer would be to use an all weather cover. They are made of clear plastic and allow the front element of the lens to peep out. Quite essential for sports and wildlife photos, you can pick one up for a few dollars. Many are made for a specific model.
2. What is a monopod?
Some find it a better alternative to tripods. They have only one leg but three-pronged feet. The only problem is they do not prevent the camera from toppling over like tripods. But on the plus side, they are lighter.
3. Are backpacks better than camera bags?
You can sling them on your back, and that makes it easier to climb with a backpack. But they are also pyramidal, and that means less storage space, especially for the long telephoto lenses. A bag is even more cushioned and breaks the fall.
4. Why are reflectors needed?
Natural light or studio LED lights are rarely enough and cannot penetrate the corners. For even lighting, you need to use reflectors. It allows you to bounce light from the source on to the exact spot you want better lit.
5. What is a diffuser?
A diffuser is a translucent cover that sits atop your flash. Usually, cubical they are made of polythene or light plastic and are snapped on. The light from a flash is harsh and causes shadows. With a diffuser, you get past this problem and have more soothing light.
We hope you found the reviews and other things helpful. The gear that we discussed has come from our personal experiences. Hence you’re sure to get a quality Canon 6D accessory. We’ll also chip in and tell you our favorites:
We loved the Dolica GX650B204 Proline GX Series 65 inch Aluminum Tripod. Amazingly stable, it could handle a Canon 6D and a long 600 mm telephoto with the most exceptional ease. It also allows your camera to rotate 90° and point straight up at the sky or awesome night sky shots.
Our second most favorite was the Neewer 4.9 feet/1.5 m TTL Off Camera Flash Speedlite Cord. It plugs into your Speedlite and is durable. It makes it so easy to turn your flash on and off from a distance.