The Nikon D3300 is an excellent camera, but to perform, it will need a good memory card. Cameras only have a buffer memory for the temporary storage of a few seconds at most. That is why you need a high-quality SDHC or SDXC card to store all the beautiful images and videos you shoot.
Buying a suitable memory card can be quite a task. They all look the same and have lots of technical jargon on their front. How to tell if a card is suitable for your Nikon D3300? We have narrowed down the ten best cards you can buy with very little investment.
- Best Nikon D3300 Memory Cards To Buy In 2021
- Top Nikon D3300 Memory Cards
- 1. Lexar Professional 667X 128GB SDXC UHS-I/U3 Card (LSD128BNA667)
- 2. SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card - C10, U3, V30, 4K UHD, SD Card - SDSDXXY-064G-GN4IN
- 3. Sony 64GB High Performance Class 10 UHS-1/U3 SDXC up to 95MB/s Memory Card (SF64UZ/TQN)
- 4. HP 256GB SX330 Class 10 U3 SDXC Flash Memory Card, Read Speeds up to 95MB/S (HFSH256-1U3)
- 5. Strontium Nitro 64GB SD SDXC Flash Memory Card 95MB/s UHS-I U3 V30 Class 10 High Speed for DSLR Mirrorless Cameras (SRN64GSDU3QR)
- 6. Transcend 128GB SDXC Class 10 Flash Memory Card Up to 30MB/s (TS128GSDXC10)
- 7. Toshiba 128GB N203 SDXC UHS-I Card U1 Class 10 SD Card Memory Card 100MB/s (THN-N203N1280A4)
- 8. PNY High-Performance 32GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-I up to 85MB/sec - P-SDHC32GU185-GE
- 9. Kingston Digital 16GB Micro SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Industrial Temp Card with SD Adapter (SDCIT/16GB)
- 10. Patriot LX Series SD Card V10 SDXC 128GB Memory Card
- Buying Guide
Best Nikon D3300 Memory Cards To Buy In 2021
|Image||Product Name||Features||Check Price|
|Lexar Professional 667X 128GB|
|SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO|
|Sony 64GB High Performance|
|HP 256GB SX330 Class 10|
|Strontium Nitro 64GB|
|Transcend 128GB SDXC|
|Toshiba 128GB N203|
|PNY High Performance 32GB|
|Kingston Digital 16GB|
|Patriot LX Series SD Card|
Top Nikon D3300 Memory Cards
In this article, we have tested around 21 D300 compatible memory cards and curated a list of 10 variants that outperformed our test. Here, we review each of them in detail so that you can include the best one to your gear.
- High-speed, Class 10, UHS speed Class 3 (U3) and video Speed Class 30 (V30) performance—leverages UHS-I technology for a read transfer Speed up to 100MB/s (667x)
- Capture high Quality images of stunning 1080P full-HD, 3D, and 4K video
Cameras are great to take pictures, but they are utterly incomplete without memory cards to store the gorgeous pictures you plan on taking on your next great adventure. A memory card is a great investment if you plan on shooting a lot of pictures and videos without the fear of running out of storage space.
The Lexar Professional SD card has the capacity of storing up to 128 GB worth of data to make sure that you can compile all your valuable memories at once, in one place, without the fear of having to delete something or the other.
Due to its storage capacity, you choose to store HD videos on the card without any hesitation, making sure that you enjoy your recording to the fullest extent. The card also allows you to shoot 3D and 4K videos, so you can bring out your inner photographer and not compromise on the quality of your shoot.
The card also provides for a high-speed card to computer transfer, allowing you to save time while exporting all your files to your device of choice. For the price of this card, you have assured a great bargain while not compromising on the overall quality of the product.
- Great write performance, better than most cards
- Great memory, can store a lot of data at once
- Can work with old model video recorders
- Does not allow low-level format for pictures or videos
- Has a tendency to corrupt some pictures
All of $17.99, the SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO is designed for SD devices that are capable of capturing 3D, HD and 4K videos. It has a capacity of 64GB and that is quite obvious from its name. It is compatible with UHS-I bus.
The card supports both V30 as well as U3. Read speeds are supported by up to 170 MB/s. Write speeds are delivered until 90 MB/s. It is just perfect for shooting 4K UHD video, Full HD video, and sequential burst mode photography.
The card also has a built-in erase-protect feature. The card is compatible with cameras that support UHS-I, V30 or U3. However, you may use it with other devices at lesser read and write speeds. You can actually capture videos with UHS speed Class 3 and Video Speed Class 30.
Other features that we found out, include a shock-proof memory card, X-ray proof, and water-proof. The card is able to withstand temperatures of -13 to 185 degrees Fahrenheit. You can carry the card easily to deserts, pools as well as cold regions.
It comes equipped with RescuePRO Deluxe software that offers a lifetime warranty. This feature comes handy when you accidentally happen to delete images. You can recover them if you have this software.
- Great speed and reliable
- Excellent read and write performances
- Good for sports photography
- Shoots high speed and high megapixel images
- Makes new cameras work faster
- Reportedly slow writing
- Faceplate split open at times
- Card not readable in UHS-I slot in Sony
The Sony 64GB High Performance Class 10 UHS-1/U3 SDXC Memory Card showcased remarkable performance in our tests. The transfer speed touched 95 MB/s while the writing speed crossed 90 MB/s. This helped us to complete the work in a much quicker way.
We were glad to find out that the results showed that the memory card was highly reliable. In addition to that top levels of data integrity can also be achieved using the Sony 64GB High-Performance Class 10 UHS-1/U3 SDXC. It is supportive of 4K video recording as well as high-speed burst shooting.
In addition to that, the memory card is waterproof and dust-proof, making it perfect for your use in outdoor areas and disturbing environmental conditions. This also prevents accidental damages to a wide extent. These memory cards are designed in such a way that they are able to give out their best performance regardless of the wide range of temperatures they might be exposed to. Anti-static technology and UV guard allows it to be used in versatile environments.
There is a pre-installed file rescue downloadable software that makes it easy to recover media that are deleted or even damaged. Another fact that we discovered was that the memory card guarantees high-speed performance. We conducted tests using multiple devices and hence reached this conclusion.
- Excellent overall performance
- 95 MB/s transfer speed
- 90 MB/s write speed
- Suitable for a wide range of temperatures
- Works well with only SDXC compatible devices
- Performs below expectations with non-compatible devices
The HP Class 10 Flash Memory Card comes with a read speed of 95MB/s and it is available in storage capacities ranging from 64GB to 512GB.
The capacity of this memory card is perfectly suited for storing ultra HD digital content. The device offers ample storage for saving high-quality images and 4K videos having a duration as long as 2 hours.
We tried this flash memory card with our Nikon DSLR Camera in order to test its overall performance. We found out that there was absolutely no shutter lag even during continuous shots and it performed smoothly.
Owing to the superfast read speed and top-notch performance of this flash memory card, we did not face any sort of difficulty while transferring large files between devices and the best part is that it only took a couple of minutes for the process to complete.
Since this card comes with modern-day U3 technology, it makes a perfect choice for continuous burst mode HD photography as well. Easy to afford, this flash memory card from HP is reasonably priced at $34.99 and it is an outstanding solution for videography enthusiasts.
- Great storage capacity at this price point
- Speedy and efficient performance
- No shutter lag during continuous shots
- It is a read-only memory card with limited access
- The card does not come with a storage case and it can get misplaced easily
5. Strontium Nitro 64GB SD SDXC Flash Memory Card 95MB/s UHS-I U3 V30 Class 10 High Speed for DSLR Mirrorless Cameras (SRN64GSDU3QR)
Perfectly suited for the leading variety of DSLRs, video camcorders and mirrorless cameras available in the market, this latest SDXC flash memory card from Strontium comes with an economical price tag of $8.90.
This flash memory device is indeed an excellent choice for storing high-resolution photos and 4K UHD videos without any hassle. With a read speed as high as 95MB/s, this flash device facilitates the instant transfer of big video files. The memory card is available in varied storage capacities ranging between 16GB to 128GB.
It comes with a remarkable 4-proof technology which makes the device waterproof, magnet proof, temperature proof, and X-ray proof at the same time. This flash memory card also has an inbuilt Write-Protect Switch which is exclusively meant for the prevention of accidental data loss.
We placed this card in our Nikon D3300 Digital SLR Camera to see whether it lags or not and astonishingly, it performed exceptionally well. Without a doubt, this memory flash memory card from Strontium is a great solution for people who are constantly on the lookout for a budget-friendly storage device as it will fulfill their requirements instantaneously.
- Cost-effective storage solution for photography enthusiasts
- Highly durable with 4-proof technology
- Speedy file transfer facility
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- No significant improvement in performance against earlier models from Strontium
- Average storage capacity
The Transcend 128GB SDXC cards are only compatible with SDXC labeled hosting devices. They are incompatible with standard SDHC and SD devices. It is carefully designed for professional photographers, photography enthusiasts, and videographers. Its high write speed and read speeds allow smooth buffer-free videography and smoother and faster transfer of files.
The 128GB SDXC cards retail for $20.57, along with additional shipping charges for international buyers. Transcend Class 10 Flash Memory cards are available in other capacities – 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB. These cards are made in such a manner that they offer complete content protection for recorded media. Hence, there is no chance of you losing your data due to malfunction.
This Transcend SDXC card is compatible with SD3.0 Standards and supports the exFAT file system. There is an error correction code in the cards which ensures correction of transfer errors if any.
- Has a lock and unlock button to control the card’s settings
- Easy to use, plug-and-play operations
- Exclusive inbuilt RecoveRx photo recovery software
- Speed may vary depending upon host hardware, software, and usage
These cards have a read speed of 100MB/s and a maximum capacity of up to 256GB to give photography enthusiasts exactly what they need: high-speed photography. The UHS-I cards also have a high write speed, which allows users to be able to quickly transfer data from the cards to their respective PCs at a higher speed.
The Toshiba SDXC UHS-I U1 Class 10 SD memory cards are manufactured in a manner that makes traveling with them trouble-free as the cards are X-ray proof. You no longer have to worry at the airport security check while you are on your way to a beautiful destination because these cards will ensure that all your images are stored safely and not harmed by the x-rays.
The Toshiba cards are available in a few other capacities of 32GB, 64GB, along with 128GB and the highest capacity of 256GB. The large storage capacities make these cards extremely useful for photographers who can focus on getting the best shots instead of worrying about insufficient storage space.
The 128GB memory card retails for $26.65. Shipping charges apply for international customers.
- X-ray proof
- Fast read speed for a smoother shooting experience
- Read speed may vary on the device and other factors
All of you are looking for high-performance SD cards. Since the time digital and smartphones and other devices have entered our lives, it has become an integral part of our lives.
The PNY High-Performance 32GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-I has speeds up to 85MB/sec. The card has faster transfer rates than other Class 10 cards. PNY High-Performance SD cards are ideal for photoshoots involving a lot of action. You will find this useful when you are shooting HD Videos as well.
You can record the best videos of your life with a camcorder or camera. The high capacity storage makes sure that you can capture numerous memories with ease.
These are built to cater to faster transfer rates. You can capture all the important parts of your life on this. You need to just plug these directly to your DSLR or HD camcorder and you are ready.
These cards are reliable, sturdy, shock-proof and waterproof as well. So, you need not worry about it getting destroyed due to some minor accidents. They are backed by 4-proof technology.
It is highly compatible with SDHC and SDXC devices. It also comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Fully compatible with Android, Linux OS, and Windows
- Writes fast
- Best for HD Videos
- Files are corrupt
- Lots of file errors
- Cards cannot be reformatted
9. Kingston Digital 16GB Micro SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Industrial Temp Card with SD Adapter (SDCIT/16GB)
You all must have heard about the Kingston memory. It is living up to its brand’s name and expectations. Priced at $15.99, this card has industrial-grade features.
We bought it a few days back and have actually seen it right before our eyes. The card can actually operate between a temperature of -40 degrees Celsius and 85 degrees Celsius making it just perfect for harsh conditions. Kingston’s Industrial Temperature microSD UHS-I can stand the extreme heat of the desert and can also operate at freezing temperatures.
It has about 10,000 insertions capacity. MLC NAND will allow you to write large amounts of data to be written.
These cards go through a lot of tests, like thermal tests, interval tests, humidity test and many more. These cards are tested to be waterproof, temperature proof, x-ray proof and vibration-proof. So, you can relax and not worry about the security of your photos, videos and other important files.
To top it all, there is the UHS-I interface, that offers higher writing speeds and reduces transmission clutter. The speeds are 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write and the card comes handy when recording large amounts of data. It is suitable for GPS, tablets, smartphones and the adapter is well suited for SDHC/ SDXC host devices.
- Found to work well in the heat
- Storage is great
- Better than old floppies
- Low price
- Not working well on Garmin GPS
- Read speed recorded at 42 MB/s
- May not work as mentioned
Storing memories is a task, isn’t it? Patriot very recently released the 128 GB LX Series microSDXC cards. You can use it with most medium-priced cameras and HD camcorders. It can also be inserted inside SD host devices with the help of its SD adaptor.
You can say that these cards are the ultimate solution for storage. There is a high level of copy protection for great data security. The SD adaptor gives increased flexibility.
The class 10 card brings in amazing, high-class performance. You can take amazing shots without missing a single moment. Very similar to the other cards from the LX series, the card comes with Patriot’s 4-year warranty.
It is the perfect companion for your DSLR prosumer camera that is generally compatible with big SD cards. The card comes with a V10 rating, that has transfer speeds of up to 90MB/s and is quite adept at shooting 1080p HD video.
It has the capability to transfer files quickly at speeds that are 2X times faster than normal entry-level cards. Priced at $23.45, this card sure is any consumer’s delight. At 0.16 ounces this card will surely be a great addition to your collection of SDXC memory cards.
- Excellent performance
- Large storage capacity
- Outperforms other cards of its genre
- Bad RAM
- Not sturdy
- Read/Write Speed – This is the data transfer rate while opening a file or writing a file to the disk. The write speed is typically less than the reading speed. UHS-I is one of the latest types of cards that offer a writing speed of at least 10 MB/s and often much higher. HD and 4K videos need a higher write speed of 30 MB/s.
- Capacity – It depends on what resolution you plan to shoot at and the format. Nikon D3300 has a 24 MP camera, and 1 GB allows you to store – 10 RAW files, 100 JPG files, 5 minutes of 1080p video. Calculate your needs and add a little surplus. Thus if you want to shoot 60 minutes of video, you need about 15 GB (12 GB and 25% extra).
- SDXC – These are memory cards that have extended capacity and can store more than 32 GB. SDC cards store up to 4 GB and SDHC cards between 4 and 32 GB.
1. How do memory cards work?
Memory cards use flash storage that is also seen in pen drives. It is made from semiconductors and can be repeatedly rewritten. The number of times that the rewrite can happen depends on the quality and can be up to several thousand times.
2. Are memory cards waterproof?
The exposed part of the card is a PVC envelope, and all the electronics are sealed inside. Even if the card gets wet, the electronic circuits inside won’t be damaged. Allow it to dry naturally and wipe with a fresh, lint-free cloth.
3. Are memory cards backward compatible?
Yes, like most things electronic, you could use a UHS-II card with your UHS-I compliant camera, and it will work perfectly. Of course, it will not be able to take advantage of the huge speed offered by UHS-II because the camera cannot send data at that rate.
4. What is a micro SDHC card?
A Micro SDHC/SDXC card has a miniature form factor. It can be stored more efficiently and fitted inside the camera with an SD format adapter. Being only 30% of the size, they are usually more expensive.
5. What is write-lock?
To prevent accidentally erasing data, SD format cards have a lock on the top left. It is a tiny notch that can slide up to unlock and down to lock. Once it is locked, the card is in “read-only” mode, and its contents cannot be altered. The Micro SD form factor does not have this locking facility.
We tested the cards repeatedly and checked the read speed, write speed, and error – the factors that matter to any photographer. We also tested them on other DSLRs so as to check global compatibility. Most of them performed similarly, so you don’t have to worry – you’ll likely get similar speeds for your other cameras as well.
The SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO SDXC was the clear winner. Not only is 64 GB a sweet spot in terms of storage (neither too small nor too large), but it is also very affordable.
If you want a bigger capacity, the Transcend 128GB SDXC Class 10 (TS128GSDXC10) is perfect. It is a little slow but can perform at 10 MB/s consistently, and that is more than enough if you are not recording HD videos.