- Best Canon Rebel T6 Memory Cards Reviews in 2021
- 1. Best for Mulitple Cameras: SanDisk 64GB Extreme Memory Card
- 2. Best for Backup: Toshiba Exceria Pro UHS-II 32GB SDHC Memory Card
- 3. High-Speed: Lexar Professional 2000x UHS-II 32GB SD
- 4. Value for Money: SanDisk 128GB Extreme Pro Memory Card
- 5. Latest features: Panasonic Micro P2 32GB UHS-II
- 6. Transcend 95/85 MB/s U3 32GB Memory Card
- 7. Sony 95MB/s U3 64GB SDXC UHS-I Memory Card
- 8. Samsung PRO 32GB SDHC Memory Card
- 9. Patriot EP Pro 64GB UHS-I Memory Card
- 10. PNY Elite Performance 32GB SD Card UHS-I
- FAQs about Canon Rebel T6 Memory Cards To Buy
One of the best uses of an entry-level camera like the Rebel T6 is to use it as a secondary camera and add an extra angle to your photography. This camera excels in videography and taking great pictures of real estate. However, even the rebel would start losing its power if you pair it with a not so good memory card. It is essential to buy one that matches its caliber.
Choosing an SD card is a really mammoth task considering the number of options available in the market. Here I am listing a few companies that manufacture the best SD cards-
Just knowing the companies is not enough to narrow down your list to a few Canon Rebel t6 memory cards, you need to consider other factors here such as:
- Storage size: There are various sizes available from 8 GB to 128 GB that can be used in Rebel T6. The canon shooter excels in videography and astrophotography so if they are your picks, I would suggest a size of at least 64 GB.
- Class: Remember that rebel t6 is an entry-level shooter that would take its own time to process. Hence, it makes sense to opt for the highest class of speed that is available. Class 10 would be ideal for any Canon camera memory card.
- Read and write speed: You have an upper limit of 100 MB/s for Canon t6 but there would be cards below and above the mentioned speed. While cards above this speed would throttle down to this speed, the card with a lower speed would affect your camera’s performance negatively.
- Style of shooting: Your requirements for storage would change depending on what you shoot. If you are into long exposure shooting, you need bigger and faster memory cards as compared to the person who shoots weddings and events.
|Image||Product Name||Features||Check Price|
|SanDisk 64GB Extreme Memory Card|
|Toshiba Exceria Pro UHS-II 32GB SDHC Memory Card|
|Lexar Professional 2000x UHS-II 32GB SD|
|SanDisk 128GB Extreme Pro Memory Card|
|Panasonic Micro P2 32GB UHS-II|
|Transcend 95/85 MB/s U3 32GB Memory Card|
|Sony 95MB/s U3 64GB SDXC UHS-I Memory Card|
|Samsung PRO 32GB SDHC Memory Card|
|Patriot EP Pro 64GB UHS-I Memory Card|
|PNY Elite Performance 32GB SD Card UHS-I|
Best Canon Rebel T6 Memory Cards Reviews in 2021
Now that you are ready with the mental tools to select the best memory card for Canon rebel t6, let us have a look at some of the best options available in the market –
1. Best for Mulitple Cameras: SanDisk 64GB Extreme Memory Card
You would probably want to go with a well-established name such as SanDisk when it comes to choosing the right memory card for Canon T6 and its 64GB Extreme seems to be an ideal choice. Its high storage capacity allows you to take around 1500-2000 photos in RAW, making it ideal for astrophotography and videography.
When inserted in the Canon camera, the memory card gave the read and write speed as it promised- 150 MB/s for reading and 70 MB/s for writing. Processing speed is quick and fast. There is no lag or buffer in reading the images. However, I witnessed a wait after clicking a long shutter photo of stars for about a minute or so. This would also be probably because of the shutter speed (2 minutes).
A unique feature that this SanDisk memory card sports is it’s weatherproof and shockproof built. Additionally, you also get an Everything but Stromboli card reader with this memory card which makes it easier for you to transfer photos to your computer.
The SanDisk 64GB Extreme Memory Card is a choice that perfectly matches the caliber and the potential of Canon Rebel T6. The speed and class are perfectly in sync with the limits of the camera so it is an ideal Canon memory card.
- High writing speed
- Shock and waterproof
- Ultra-fast read speed
- Very affordable
- 4k recording facility is not useful for Canon rebel t6
2. Best for Backup: Toshiba Exceria Pro UHS-II 32GB SDHC Memory Card
Toshiba is a respectable name in the technology field and surely the Toshiba Exceria Pro UHS-II 32GB SDHC sd card sets up high expectations. With storage of 32 GB Class 10 speed, this memory card looks good on paper.
The read speed is 270 MB/s and the write speed is 180 MB/s makes it a promising memory card even on the rebel T6 despite its limitations of unreliable speed and its expensive price point.
Exceria Pro performed very well in T6 even though the speed was capped at 100 MB/s. I experienced little buffer for long exposure shots and no buffer for higher shutter speeds. Class 10 works perfectly well and the result was visible with the instant presentation of images. The only problem I felt was the size. I feel 32 GB is not a great choice if you are a person who is going to shoot functions or weddings.
I would recommend this memory card only if you want a size of 32 GB and a rapid card on T6. Otherwise, I would strongly suggest you to buy a card with a larger memory capacity. It is an ideal choice for a backup memory card though.
- Blazing fast read and write speed
- Extremely Durable
- All-weather operation
- Pricey model
- May not achieve high speeds on all cameras
3. High-Speed: Lexar Professional 2000x UHS-II 32GB SD
Lexar presents to you a card of 32 GB with a UHS-II standard that can reach r/w speeds upto 300 MB/s and 200 MB/s in the supported cameras. This Canon memory card has a class 10 rating which is the highest and upto date for Rebel t6.
I used this memory card on Rebel t6 and found out that the writing and reading speeds are limited to 100 MB/s because of the old technology used in this Canon entry-level camera. UHS-II also did not add much value to the Rebel as the support is limited to UHS 1. However, the picture quality turned out great and there was no compression or compromise done from the card end on the picture.
Overall, Lexar UHS-II seems a little too modern for the capacity of Rebel T6 as the class and the read-write speeds are limited to half of its potential. Being said that, it is not at all a bad choice for the price it comes at and the enormous potential it holds.
Lexar Professional 2000x UHS-II 32GB SD is certainly a great memory card for Canon rebel t6. Additionally, you can also use this memory card in any latest camera like the Canon Rebel t7, Nikon D3500, or Sony Alpha A6000.
- Great value for money
- Excellent on-paper specifications
- It is compatible with multiple devices
- Some users find an issue with formatting; Lexar has replaced these
- It doesn’t provide the same write speed for Rebel T6
4. Value for Money: SanDisk 128GB Extreme Pro Memory Card
Even if Canon’s T6 is not modern enough to support the latest memory card speeds, it is always a good idea to buy them as they would not only be used on t6 but also become a great choice for any other camera that you have. Here, SanDisk presents a powerful card in the form of 128GB Extreme Pro.
Extreme Pro memory card has a massive storage of 128 GB that is more than enough for videography as well as clicking astrophotography shots. It has an incredibly high read speed at 170 MB/s and write speed at 90 MB/s. Though there were certain hiccups, I experienced negligible buffering with heavy images that had an exposure time of minutes.
In case you are looking for another reason to buy this memory card, it comes with an Everything but Stromboli memory card that is helpful to transfer the data from the memory card to a computer.
The SanDisk Extreme Pro is a powerful and strong choice for people who would like to have a great amount of memory in their camera. Additionally, this tiny memory powerhouse also added some speed to the general image buffering process in DSLR making it one of the best memory cards for Rebel T6.
- Extremely Durable
- Versatile Memory Card
- Card reader
- Unreliable data speed
5. Latest features: Panasonic Micro P2 32GB UHS-IIPanasonic Micro P2 offers a promising Canon secure memory card with a speed of 90 MB/s in reading and 85 MB/s in writing. It features a size of 32 GB which is decent enough to capture a good amount of videos and umpteen photos.
Canon Rebel T6 performed very well when combined with the Panasonic Micro. There was no lag in normal images. Long exposure images did take a while to load but that is due to the power limitation in the Rebel camera.
The file transfer to and from the computer was swift, thanks to the presence of UHS-II standards. However, when there were large data, the speeds would fluctuate and be inconsistent making it hard to figure out the estimated time for the transfer.
The most interesting feature of this Rebel T6 memory card is its Lifetime Counter. The lifetime counter of the card informs the user about the card’s lifetime in advance, which ensures high reliability. It also boasts a high level of durability with its inbuilt features like advanced error correction and RAID technology. You can also put a password and enable Content Protection System in it.
Panasonic MicroP2 is surely one of the best memory cards for Canon Rebel T6. You get awesome speed, reliability, and trust to power your Canon shooter. I would definitely recommend you to go for this and have some great shooting experience.
- Fast and secure file transfer
- Lifetime counter informs the user about the card’s life in advance
- Password protection feature with CPS (Content Protection System)
- Inconsistency while transferring heaps of data to another device
The Transcend 95/85 MB/s is a versatile and high-speed memory card. It is blazing fast, thanks to the UHS classification certificate. It is built to last and has extremely low power consumption, coupled with high write speeds; hence, it extends battery runtime. This is very useful for Canon T6 as it sports a battery life of only 500 shots.
The reading and writing speed of the Transcend memory card are limited to 95 MB/s and 85 MB/s respectively on the Rebel t6. It has a built-in Error Correction Code to self rectify data transfer errors, which is a bonus. This memory card also allows you to download their exclusive RecoveRx software, which enables you to recover lost data, which is a very important thing to have as a photographer.
Transcend offers some great raw power for the camera to run from and the combination seems ideal for people who are looking for a Rebel t6 memory card that is not so expensive and large in terms of storage capacity.
Do note that Rebel T6 would not be able to utilize the optimal power of this memory card but any camera released in or after 2019 like the Sony Alpha a6400, Canon EOS R5, Nikon D780 would be able to.
- Versatile and wide compatibility
- Seamless and blazing-fast data transfer
- Recovery software included in price
- Needs SDXC compatible devices for high-speed data transfer
- Standard build quality
I found this card to be extremely versatile and durable as it meets all the expectations of photo enthusiasts. On using the card with Canon Rebel T6, I could take pictures without buffering delays even when using long exposure methods. There was only a minor lag when the exposure time went above 2 minutes, which is very commendable.
After clicking a few photos, I used the card for transferring files and was highly impressed with its speed and accuracy. Around 2 GB of data was transferred to the computer in a minute and sending 2GB data took about a minute and 10 seconds. Additionally, this memory card is incredible in terms of durability with its shock and weather resistance features.
Sony 95MB/s U3 64GB SDXC UHS-I Memory Card is accompanied with File Rescue Downloadable Software that helps to recover files that are accidentally damaged or erased (download required). I would recommend this memory card for Rebel T6 because of its seamless speed and performance. It is an extremely powerful and efficient memory card that makes using the Rebel T6 a joy.
- Super-fast read and write transfer speeds
- Waterproof and Shockproof
- Built with software to recover lost files
- Transfer speed might be slower at times
While testing, I found it to be astounding for Full HD video and the writing speed was as promised at 90 MB/s. I could also take photos in burst mode without any lag or delay and could fully utilize the 3 FPS burst rate of the Canon Rebel T6. Transferring files to and from the computer was also an instant task.
Samsung is an established brand that demands respect and you can be sure of the durability this tiny power card offers. It is made to withstand any weather conditions and always give you efficient results. Although the 32 GB size is not the ideal one, you can settle for this one if your focus is on speed more than size. Definitely one of the speedy rocket memory cards for Rebel T6.
- Ultra-fast read and write speeds
- Shockproof and water-resistant
- It can be easily get corrupted
Patriot offers an innovative card of SDHC UHS:1 standard, which allows high-speed data transfer up to 90 MB/s read and up to 80 MB/s write. The specifications and the price point makes it a worthy option for it to have a chance with the Canon Rebel T6.
Using Patriot 64 GB memory card on Canon Rebel T6 surprised me incredibly. I was able to record 5 videos of 1080p resolution each of around 40 minutes. There was no compromise on quality and the storage was still available. Even when shooting raw pictures, the total pictures would go around 4000 which is an incredible feat.
Read and write speed were as mentioned. I faced no significant lag when taking pictures at day time. However, there was a slight lag noticed as I decreased the shutter speed. I would not blame it all on the Canon Rebel T6 because other memory cards of the same specifications fared better than this.
Overall, Patriot EP Pro 64GB UHS-I Memory Card is a worthy companion to the Canon cameras. It is not the best memory card for T6 but it definitely has a lot to offer.
- Ideal for video recordings
- Backed by a 5 years manufacturer’s warranty
- Durable and reliable
- The price is on a higher side
The PNY Elite Performance SD card features Ultra Speed UHS-1 data bus that offers up to 95MB/sec read speed and 90 MB/s write speed. This combination makes it a great choice for videographers and photographers alike. Looking at its promising nature, I attempted to see how well it performs with the T6.
Rebel T6 showed some incredible improvement in terms of displaying pictures. There was a buffer of like half a second after clicking normal pictures. Long exposure photography did result in the card giving a considerable amount of lag time. Transferring files to and from the computer was fast.
A very unusual flaw that I came across is it behaved strangely if I had the battery charger connected to the Rebel T6. Data would get corrupted or would become altered. This is a nightmare to be honest but it is easily preventable.
PNY Elite Performance 32GB SD Card UHS-I seems a decent choice for Canon T6. It does not have the fastest and the best performance ever but it is decent in terms of what it offers. The build quality is top notch and there is no denying the sturdy weatherproof, waterproof, and dustproof built adds significant value to it.
- Incredible transfer rates up with read speeds up to 95 MB/sec
- Highly durable and shockproof
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Writing data while charging the battery may lead to loss of data information
- Exposure to direct sunlight and excessive heat may lead to card damage
FAQs about Canon Rebel T6 Memory Cards To Buy
Write speed is the speed at which the data can be transferred to the card. Read speed is the speed at which it can be retrieved. They may be nearly the same or vary by a large margin. Write rate is more critical in the case of photography than reading speed.
A higher write speed would enable faster image processing and reduce buffer, thus increasing the performance of Rebel T6. Do note that the highest supported write speed is 100 MB/s for T6.
The memory card stores data electronically. X-rays at airports can overwrite the data on the card. This was a considerable problem previously, but most modern cards are shielded and can withstand weak electromagnetic fields.
The Canon Rebel T6 cannot utilize such high speeds. But it can use the UHS-II card nevertheless. Since cards last at least a decade, you could buy cards with more rate if you find them cheap since sooner or later, you may transfer them to another camera or use them as an external drive with your laptop.
The list presents to you an interesting set of memory cards to choose from for your camera. However, if you still are confused and cannot decide,
- I would suggest you to simply go with the SanDisk Extreme 64 GB.
- The second alternative to the SanDisk digital memory card is Toshiba Exceria Pro UHS-II 32GB SDHC Memory Card.
Both would significantly increase the performance of the camera compared to the older SD cards and give T6 a significant boost. Go ahead and give the Canon shooter a new life with a brand new memory card!