The latest DSLR, Nikon D7200, is filled to the brim with new innovations such as NFC and EXPEED4 image processor.
A brilliant camera aimed at professionals and hobbyists alike, it is capable of 7 fps continuous shooting. But what use is a new camera, if you don’t buy a whole host of new accessories to accompany you on your trip.
Since the Nikon D7200 would have set you back by several hundred dollars, we did all the research and came up with the best accessories that won’t burn a hole in your pocket yet be needed every now and then to make your photos perfect.
|Image||Product Name||Type||Check Price|
|Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight Flash||Speedlight Flash|
|Godox Xpro-N TTL Wireless Flash Trigger Transmitter||Flash Trigger|
|GEEKOTO 79 inches Carbon Fiber Camera Tripod Monopod||Tripod|
|PIXEL FSK 2.4GHz remote control||Shutter Remote|
|Giottos AA1920 Rocket Air Blaster||Air Blaster|
|SanDisk 256GB Extreme SDXC UHS-I Card||Memory Card|
|GIKERSY 5 in 1 USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader Adapter||Card Reader|
|Nikon 7072 Lens Pen Cleaning System||Lens Cleaner|
|Tiffen 67mm UV Protection Filter||UV Filter|
|Qipi Camera Bag||Camera Backpack|
- Best Nikon D7200 Accessories To Buy In 2021
- 1. Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight Flash for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- 2. Godox Xpro-N TTL Wireless Flash Trigger Transmitter for Nikon, 1/8000s HSS, TTL-Convert-Manual Function, Large Screen, 5 Dedicated Group Buttons, 11 Customizable Functions with PERGEAR Cleaning Kit
- 3. GEEKOTO 79 inches Carbon Fiber Camera Tripod Monopod with 360 Degree Ball Head 1/4 inch Quick Shoe Plate Professional Tripod Load up to 26.5 pounds
- 4. PIXEL FSK 2.4GHz Wired or Wireless Timer Shutter Remote Control for Nikon D5200 D3100 D5000 D7200 D600 D610 D750 D3200 D3300 Cameras
- 5. Giottos AA1920 Rocket Air Blaster Small-Black
- 6. SanDisk 256GB Extreme SDXC UHS-I Card - C10, U3, V30, 4K UHD, SD Card - SDSDXV5-256G-GNCIN
- 7. SD Card Reader, GIKERSY 5 in 1 USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader Adapter 5Gbps Read 5 Cards Simultaneously for SDXC, SDHC, SD, Micro SDXC, Micro SD, Micro SDHC, M2, MS, CF and UHS-I Card (Grey)
- 8. Nikon 7072 Lens Pen Cleaning System, Black
- 9. [amazonlink=”B00004ZCJK” title=”Tiffen 67mm UV Protection Filter” /]
- 10. Qipi Camera Bag - Sling Bag Style Camera Case Backpack with Modular Inserts & Waterproof Rain Cover - for DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras (Nikon, Canon, Sony) - Black
- Buying Guide for Nikon D7200 Accessories
- FAQs regarding Nikon D7200 Accessories
Best Nikon D7200 Accessories To Buy In 2021
Here, you’ll find 10 top accessories that you can consider by your Nikon lens. The products reviewed here recommended by experts in the photography business who use D7200 for their client and personal projects on a regular basis.
At $296.95, the Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight is a great buy. This portable flash has many unique features that make flash photography even better.
The SB-700 AF Speedlight from Nikon is a compact unit that is equipped with i-TTL flash control that scores high on the photography, functionality, and portability scales. The flash head is optimized for all kinds of lighting. It is the perfect match for Nikon’s Creative Lighting System. The flash starts working even before the main flash. So, there is very little chance that the photo will turn out to be dim and unlit.
The flash also has a wireless commander mode, that will allow you to align it with most Creative Lighting System products. When you are using it as a remote Speedlight, it allows for a selection of 3 groups. It is perfect for wireless flash setups.
What we have seen is that the auto-zoom head covers a range from 24 to 120 mm with FX-cameras. The selection can go down to 12mm if the need arises, with the help of a built-in-wide-angle diffusion panel.
This flash unit has 360-degree coverage, which offers complete freedom of movement. This wireless master has three different illumination patterns – standard, even, and center-weighted. This little giant is packed with stroboscopic repeating flash Auto FP-high speed and curtain sync modes to allow you to shoot the best photographs.
- It’s an excellent purchase for beginners
- It is user-friendly
- It is compatible with all Nikon products
- It allows wireless operation
- It is quite expensive for its level
- You cannot use external battery packs on this
- The weight is heavy
2. Godox Xpro-N TTL Wireless Flash Trigger Transmitter for Nikon, 1/8000s HSS, TTL-Convert-Manual Function, Large Screen, 5 Dedicated Group Buttons, 11 Customizable Functions with PERGEAR Cleaning Kit
The Godox Xpro-N TTL Flash Trigger is a marked improvement from the previous model and comes as close to being an ideal flash trigger as can be. It has a good design that allows us to control all supported flashes remotely.
It rarely misses shorts. We have tested the manual trigger at 1/256 power. At this speed, it has the chance of missing one in a hundred.
When we first got the trigger, we did notice some bugs. Mainly, the conversion between TCM exposure to manual half wasn’t going as smoothly as we would have liked. The firmware upgrade rolled in soon after, focusing on the very issue. The transitions have been smooth since.
The TTL to manual conversion certainly makes work easier. Even if the exposure isn’t exact for every picture, we still found it to be close to our desired result. It made the later edits easier.
The LCD screen is quite big and shows all the powers and group readouts in clear, bold letters. Each group has a zoom function. After the firmware update, we only had to press shortly to enter the zoom mode instead of going through channel adjustment.
Each group has separate dedicated buttons for use. You don’t have to wheel through them to reach the required one.
While we think this is a definite upgrade from the previous x1T, we do believe Godox could have strived to do better for Xpro-N. The firmware upgrade fixes a lot of things, but it should have been a non-issue from the start.
- Easy control
- Buttons for each group
- Big screen to see all the readouts
- Some issues detected in syncing
3. GEEKOTO 79 inches Carbon Fiber Camera Tripod Monopod with 360 Degree Ball Head 1/4 inch Quick Shoe Plate Professional Tripod Load up to 26.5 pounds
When we opened the GEEKOTO 79 inches Carbon Fiber Camera Tripod Monopod package, we found another small black and orange colored box inside. This is undoubtedly a precautionary measure so that the tripod is in no way in the way of harm while being delivered.
It had a compact fold, which made it clear it would be easy to carry around. The nice surprise was the soft cloth covering the metal mount, keeping it clean. Unfolding, it is a no-brainer, and if you don’t know how to work with a tripod, the instructions are clear enough.
The legs are made of carbon fiber. It’s a light material but makes the tripod a sturdy and stable one. There is a total of three lock extensions on each leg. The foot is a rubber one that holds on to the ground firmly. When it has been extended to its full height, it’s an impressively tall stand. The legs can be bent to various angles according to your photography or videography requirements.
The mount is bright orange. It’s light but has enough substance that you can feel yourself gripping onto something solid. It allows for silky smooth maneuvering of the camera. The tightening mechanism on the ball joint takes care that the camera is secured when we are in the middle of making adjustments.
One of the three legs can actually be detached and reattached to the top, creating a makeshift monopod. This turned out to be a useful feature for hikes when we didn’t necessarily want to use a tripod but still wished the camera would be steady.
We found ourselves immensely satisfied with this one and consider it every bit worth the price.
- Good fit
- High-Quality Hardware
- The metal head adds a little weight
- The spacing between legs is a bit less
4. PIXEL FSK 2.4GHz Wired or Wireless Timer Shutter Remote Control for Nikon D5200 D3100 D5000 D7200 D600 D610 D750 D3200 D3300 Cameras
The PIXEL FSK 2.4GHz remote control for Nikon is a great buy at $39.99. If you are looking for a wireless or wired remote in this price range, look no further. It has great functionality and is quick in response to shutter.
Most of the Nikon camera models like D5200, D3100, D5000, D7200, D600, D750, D3200, and a few more are compatible with this remote control system. It uses international 2.4G transmission technology.
Also Check: Best Nikon D3200 Lenses
We found out that it features 80M+ remote distance, no directionality, and has a superb anti-interference ability. It has 30 channels for options, and it can eliminate outside interference.
The added advantage is that of the feature BULB Shooting – other than the four types of the shutter and six timer functions. You can simply press the timer shutter button to open the camera shutter. The timer starts recording the camera shutter open time. You need to press the timer shutter button to turn off the camera shutter, and you are done. It is that simple.
Apart from this, the LCD Screen consumes less power. You will be able to see all the information displayed on-screen. It also has an interchangeable shutter connecting cable.
- Easy to use
- The BULB Shooting function
- Wireless feature works well
- The price is affordable
- It is not for professional photographers
- Does not work with all Nikon cameras as mentioned
5. Giottos AA1920 Rocket Air Blaster Small-Black
If you are looking for a device to keep your lens, cameras, and keyboards clean, look no more. The small black Giottos AA1920 Rocket Air Blaster safely blows away dust from extra-sensitive to difficult-to-reach surfaces.
The tool is made from silicone rubber and has a thin nozzle that can eliminate any dust particle. It is equipped with a one-way valve that blows away the dust and does not allow rebound.
Priced at $14.99, this 5.3 inches long tool with a 2-inch nozzle stands with its own support and does not roll around. This small black Rocket Air Blaster can remove dirt and debris from most cameras, filters, lenses, and keyboards with a strong blast of air.
This product also fits in a camera bag and is not too heavy. Don’t go by the looks. It is durable and sturdy. You can also use it on USB ports before inserting it into the slot. It is the perfect size to fit all pockets as well. We can carry it easily, anywhere.
- Great air pressure
- It comes in three sizes; making it multi-functional
- It is a travel size pack
- A great alternative for compressed air
- Inexpensive buy
- Cannot clean keyboards properly
- Doesn’t actually blow air, the name is not accurate
In the case of the SanDisk 256GB Extreme SDXC UHS-I Card, the shot speeds up to as high as 70 MB/s, which is its most impressive feature. This makes it your perfect companion if you want to explore videography at its best with 4K UHD videos and also try sequential burst mode photography.
Along with high shot speed, it also has UHS Speed for Class 3 recording. We found that this enables the user to create an output that is of the best quality with amazing resolution and free of unnecessary stutters.
The memory card has a notable transfer speed of 150 MB/s, which helped us transfer files quickly from one device to another. But we found that the transfer speed also depends on the device you use. Perfectly compatible devices yielded the best results.
Its design and build are noteworthy too as it prevents the maximum amount of damage. This means that you can use it during any weather conditions as well. We found out that the card has been tested and verified as temperature-proof, water-proof, shock-proof, and x-ray proof.
In addition to all this, the SanDisk 256GB Extreme SDXC UHS-I Card comes with a lifetime warranty (with specific terms and conditions).
- 70 MB/s shot speed
- 150 MB/s transfer speed
- 30 MB/s video capture rate
- X-ray proof
- Moderate price
- Performance varies from device to device
- Performs below expectations when compatible devices are not used
7. SD Card Reader, GIKERSY 5 in 1 USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader Adapter 5Gbps Read 5 Cards Simultaneously for SDXC, SDHC, SD, Micro SDXC, Micro SD, Micro SDHC, M2, MS, CF and UHS-I Card (Grey)
Equipment such as an SD card reader can be tricky to use if you don’t understand the mechanics. When you connect your personal computer to the SD card for the first time, you need to leave it alone for a minimum of 30 seconds. This is the time your computer will take to install the driver, which will allow the card reader to work.
If your USB connection isn’t in the best working condition right now, which ours wasn’t, we found that the connection would pop-off sometime. Though, by merely connecting it to other ports, the stability would return.GIKERSY 5 in 1 USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader Adapter is a pretty big SD card reader that has ports for five different cards. You can insert all of them into the reader and then to the computer – and all 5 of them would be available in your computer’s device and drive space.
We were surprised at how well and fast the card reader works, considering that it took five different kinds of cards. Usually, a device of this price would be highly expensive. The price isn’t necessarily low for an SD card reader, but the perks it offers certainly make up for it.
The dual connection is another undeniable plus point of the card reader, allowing for high-speed data transmission. We were overall quite satisfied with the product and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a card reader.
- A generous number of slots for different cards
- Access to multiple cards at the same time
- Dual Connection
- Lacks PC card reader
- The price is slightly high
If you are a photography enthusiast, you must have heard about the Nikon 7072 Lens Pen Cleaning System. It is available online and costs $7.89. We suggest that you have to make this tool your friend since lenses are very delicate, and any little accident can be dangerous.
The best way to guard it is by purchasing a lens cleaning pen. The Nikon pen is a sure winner in this budget. This comes from the stable of Nikon and is, without a doubt, an original product. It is a single lens pen; it’s black in the design and has excellent durability.
It has a natural chamois tip with a non-liquid compound that can clean fingerprints and dust. Apart from that, it also cleans large particles. It is also equipped with a soft brush, that retracts inside the pen. We vouch for the softness of the bristles. Thus, it stays spotless.
The best part is its multi-usage. We just cleaned a telescope lens with it. It works with all cameras, be it film or digital. Yes, you can clean the camera lens, binoculars, telescopes. You can carry it with you everywhere since it comes with its case, which makes it all the more convenient.
- Great for cleaning fingerprints
- Easy to use
- Can clean any type of lens
- Easy to carry around
- The price is a winner
- Leaves a residue
- The brush comes off
Priced at $6.29, the Tiffen UV Protection Filter is a cheap solution for your digital camera lens. It is a filter that absorbs ultraviolet light. It is 67 millimeters in diameter and made with Tiffen precision.
It is apt for shooting at high altitudes or near water bodies. It guards against the bluish color cast of daylight and low contrast situations. It is suitable for shooting in places with thin air density.
Tiffen is a renowned company that is in business for a long time. They are leading manufacturers of photographic filters and lens accessories.
The filter also acts as a shield for your camera lens, so we recommend generally keep it on all the time. It also protects the lens from dust, scratches, and grime. You can also pair this filter with others. It does not provide any extra coloration or contrast from its side.
If you have a good camera, you should definitely buy this filter. Made in the USA, this also carries a 10-year warranty. Tiffen has used ColorCore technology to make these filters.
- Fits perfectly on the lens
- Great UV filter at the price point
- Glass is flawless
- Solid and durable
- Reduces sharpness
- The glass separates from the frame easily
- Ghosting effects
10. Qipi Camera Bag - Sling Bag Style Camera Case Backpack with Modular Inserts & Waterproof Rain Cover - for DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras (Nikon, Canon, Sony) - Black
If you’re planning on going on a long trip and have to carry your camera around, then you need this backback to be free and comfortable throughout the day.
It’s a light bag with special attention given towards efficiency rather than size. We traveled with it all over for a day and didn’t experience any fatigue setting in on our shoulders. We have found that people with a small stature would especially like this bag. It fits snugly to a person’s body.
The straps can be adjusted easily if you do experience some discomfort. When we took it around, we also discovered another perk. Due to the snug fit, the bag was balanced quite close to the upper part of our body. This meant no pressure was exerted on the lower back, which saved our team a lot of future back pain.
More than anything, we were surprised at the number of supplies this small sling bag could hold. We fit in our Nikon camera along with the 200 mm lens attached to it. There are smaller compartments that had space for batteries, chargers, and some cables. The most amazing part was when we were able to insert an iPad mini in the camera compartment as well. We suspect we can even carry a small water bottle around.
Despite all that, it doesn’t leave much room for anything other than the essentials. You can even use it as a light purse instead of a camera bag.
- Snug fit
- Prevent shoulder fatigue
- Quite cheap
- Waterproof cover
- There is room but only for minimal items
Buying Guide for Nikon D7200 Accessories
- Camera Bag – An accessory you can’t do without. A good quality bag that is sturdy enough to hold all the lenses, camera, battery, and charger, but comfortable to carry around all day is a must-have.
- Camera Cleaning Blower – It does not matter how careful you are. Dust and grime will get inside the camera body and gum up the works. An air blower with a bulb is the safest way to clean dust from inside the camera. Never use a vacuum cleaner for this purpose.
- Lens Hood – It is needed to prevent stray light from striking the lens from odd angles and creating ghosts and flares. Like a filter kit, it would depend on the lens diameter, and if you have different size lenses, you would need more than one.
FAQs regarding Nikon D7200 Accessories
1. What is an SDXC card?
SD card is a flash storage device that is used to store JPG images. XC means extended capacity, and this type of SD card has a capacity of over 32 GB. They are available in varying sizes 32, 62, 128, 256 GB as needed.
2. What use is an external monitor?
The 3 inch LCD screen of a D7200 is not easy to use. It is too small, and since most phones have a screen above 5 inches, it is time to get an external monitor. These vary in size from 6 inches to 12 inches and allow you to see through the lens clearly.
3. Should I buy an external hard drive?
It is not a must-buy but useful if you use the DSLR for videos. Even a 256 GB SD card would run out quite fast if you capture 4K videos. A 1 TB external hard disk that can be plugged into your laptop later is an excellent addition to your kit if you like to create movies.
4. Do I need a softbox for my indoor photos?
It would depend on how serious you are about the work you do indoors. If you are trying to shoot professional-grade portraits, a softbox, that diffuses bright LED light and measures about 3 sq ft is essential to create smooth ambient lighting conditions.
5. Will external microphones be needed?
Only if you are intent on recording podcasts and YouTube videos with clear audio do you need external microphones. Otherwise, it is not necessary to clutter up with a kit you would use once in several years.
As you improve your photography skills and use the camera on regular basis, you’ll crave some accessories that can help you capture the images in a more refined way. And hence your hunt for external kits will increase.
But it can be overwhelming to choose the right gear since the internet is flooded with dozens of options. My goal with this article was simple – to help you choose the best Nikon D7200 accessories. I hope you can find your right option.
The GIKERSY 5 in 1 USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader seems to be an unusually useful accessory to have. Not only can it read every type of card and pen drive, but it helps transfer data from any device without a USB cable.
The Nikon 7072 Lens Pen Cleaning System was definitely the second best on our list. It is durable and able to remove soft smudges and fingerprints in a jiffy. You could carry it around in your pocket very easily on a trip.